Myrtle Beach is well known for an abundance of activities but it also has a soft romantic side for your honeymoon in Myrtle Beach! Between the amazing attractions, assortment of restaurants and yes, the beach – it’s the perfect spot to escape to after saying “I do”! Myrtle Beach is centrally located and easy to get to if your are flying into Myrtle Beach International Airport or driving.
Where to Stay?
After your big day, we have you covered! Treat yourself to a honeymoon of luxury and reserve a suite at one of the top 5 star resorts in Myrtle Beach – Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Our resort is highly coveted as the best romantic experience in Myrtle Beach. We are a resort that spares no expense when it comes to making sure you have a first-class stay. Our guest rooms and suites are large and luxurious with private balcony with views from every room. You will not want to leave your room! But if you do, we are located on the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway and feature amazing amenities including: a private beach, our location beside Myrtle Beach Water Sports for easy access to rent jet skis or a pontoon boat (March – October), outdoor pool with infinity edge entry, indoor pool and fitness center, tennis, spa the Grande Dunes Resort Golf Course is located onsite.
You can reserve only a room or suite but if you are interested in going all out and making your honeymoon special, we offer two romantic honeymoon packages available to choose from:
This is the more extravagant of the two packages and includes everything you need to start your next chapter as a couple in Myrtle Beach.
- Accommodation of choice of the most luxurious room – these include suites that have private balconies with stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway. You’ll feel pampered as you relax in our complimentary soft cotton bathrobes and sleep like royalty on our Egyptian cotton bed linens and down pillows. Ask for the “Studio Suite Deluxe” that feature Jacuzzi tubs. Book early because these suites go quickly!
- On arrival night, enjoy a chilled bottle of Domaine Ste. Michelle sparkling wine and an assortment of chocolates along with an exquisite Gilchrist & Soames Spa basket full of luxurious products to pamper yourselves throughout your stay.
- On your second night, two decadent chocolate martinis will be delivered to your guest room
- Choose which night to experience a romantic three-course dinner for two at our award winning restaurant WaterScapes.
- Also choose which day or night to relax with a one-hour “Couples Hot Stone Massage” in the privacy of your guest room – so you can be pampered without having to even leave your suite.
- Every morning, enjoy breakfast in bed delivered to your room
If you want to cover just the basics, try our no frills “classic”honeymoon package
- Accommodation of choice of the most luxurious room – these include suites that have private balconies with stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway. You’ll feel pampered as you relax in our complimentary soft cotton bathrobes and sleep like royalty on our Egyptian cotton bed linens and down pillows. Our “Studio Suite Deluxe” feature Jacuzzi tubs – adding that extra romance to your experience.
- On arrival night, enjoy a chilled bottle of Domaine Ste. Michelle sparkling wine and an assortment of chocolates
- Start each morning with a full delicious breakfast in our award-winning restaurant WaterScapes Restaurant.
- Choose which night to experience a three-course dinner for two at our award winning restaurant WaterScapes Restaurant.
There’s Life Outside of the Resort!
Should you get antsy lounging by the pool or our private beach, there are plenty of activities to entertain yourselves along the Grand Strand while spending some quality time together.
Want to spend an afternoon sampling wine? Duplin Winery is located right up the road and features tastings Monday-Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm. You’ll learn about the family history of the winery and see the bottling process in action. Once you find a Muscadine wine you enjoy – there is a beautiful outdoor patio to sip and relax with your sweetheart. Make sure to grab a bottle or two for a souvenir to enjoy when your honeymoon is over.
If you prefer beer rather than wine, you can check out Myrtle Beach’s only microbrewery – New South Brewing.
Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, this brewery is passionate about their craft beer and they offer tours so you can get a behind-the-scenes look at the brewing process and sample up to 5 of their beers. It is such a small brewery that you’ll get the opportunity to see first-hand how they hand-package every six-pack. Once your tour is complete, stick around and enjoy some of their delicious craft beer on tap. And you can even fill up a growler of your favorite beer for a tasty souvenir.
Brookgreen Gardens is a romantic place to explore. You can wander and meander through the gardens full of blooming seasonal flowers and admire all the handcrafted sculptures.
Brookgreen Gardens is known for having one of the largest collections of American figurative sculptures in the country. There are over 1,400 pieces crafted by 350 different artists. You can also visit the onsite zoo and, if you’re honeymooning in the summer months, be sure to check out the Butterfly House – a magical exhibit where hundreds of butterflies flutter through the air.
Surfing, Paddleboarding, Kayaking….
If you’re newlyweds that are looking for activities with a little more excitement – you can try taking a surf or paddle boarding lesson. And if you want to get above the surf and soar above the waves, try out parasailing. Try Jack’s Surf Lessons & Board Rentals – located close by in Myrtle Beach they offer surfing lessons, board rentals, Stand Up Paddleboarding and kayaking. Or for a laid back afternoon in Murrells Inlet, you can rent kayaks or Stand Up Paddleboards and experience the beauty of the marsh up close and personal.
Seafood Dining in Myrtle Beach!
Myrtle Beach is home to some of the best restaurants and amazing seafood. To experience an award-winning dining experience at one of the Top 5 Lowcountry Restaurants in the state, you won’t even have to leave the property. WaterScapes Restaurant is well known for its intimate dining atmosphere with cuisine prepared by award-winning Chef Corbett Rourk. Specializing in seafood and steaks, try the latest seafood selection such as diver scallops or shrimp and grits or a grilled filet or char grilled ribeye.
Just a few steps from our door is the nationally known Ruth Chris Steakhouse. They feature aged beef and top-quality ingredients with their a-la-carte style menu.
For a unique, upscale local dining experience, check out Collector’s Café – an art gallery/restaurant. You’ll enjoy delicious cuisine among amazing pieces of art. Featuring beautiful paintings, stunning photography and amazing sculptures – all of which are for sale. The owners, Tom & Craig are among the artists. You will probably see one or both of them there!
Just around the corner in the same building as Collector’s Cafe is Fire & Smoke Gastropub. Local owner & Chef Tyler Rice has created an amazing, versatile menu that you won’t find anywhere else in Myrtle Beach using a wood-fired grill and hot an cold smoker for beef, lamb and pork. Try small or large plate servings.
Just across the street from these two restaurants, a fun place to grab an after dinner drink or some tapas is the intimate Boom Boom Wine Room. Try their “wall of wine” where you purchase a hotel-style keycard, that you load with money – your “key” to purchasing wine. There is a various assortment of wines to choose from – both red and white – and you can either select a sip, sample, or pour. There is usually live music and it is a great atmosphere to sample some new wine and enjoy each other’s company.
If you’re looking for a classic, local seafood restaurant, you’ll have to try the Sea Captain’s House. It’s the perfect place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. On Sundays they even feature an award-winning brunch. Not only is the food they serve outstanding – but they’re located right on the ocean in a historic house– so the views while you dine are amazing.
Your Honeymoon Starts Here!
As you can see, Myrtle Beach has so much to offer newlyweds and is an amazing place to spend time together for your Special Honeymoon at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes! We invite you to book one of our luxurious honeymoon packages for an unforgettable memory!