Myrtle Beach’s Top Family Friendly Resort!
We don’t charge additional fees for children under 17 traveling with their family. With our spacious 2 & 3 bedroom suites, kids have a lot of room to do….well…. kid stuff! Like gathering in the living space and watching a movie, spreading out the seashells gathered from the beach across the kitchen table, gather with the family for a meal, claim one of the large bathrooms as your own for the week or, dare we say….pillow fight??
With all of this activity, kids can sure work up an appetite! Take advantage of our Kids Eat Breakfast Free program in WaterScapes Restaurant located inside the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Yes…kids 12 & under eat free from the kids menu where they can enjoy their favorites like pancakes or waffles WaterScapes is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner daily. Dine inside our outside on the patio overlooking the pool.
Fine Print….. Kids Eat Free: Available only in WaterScapes Restaurant during breakfast for kids ages 12 and under and includes one entrée and drink from the kids menu per seating per paying adult.
Myrtle Beach has long been considered the vacation spot for families in Myrtle Beach, SC especially during the traditional July 4th week. Fireworks is the first activity that may come to mind when planning your July 4th Myrtle Beach vacation. Here are a few of the locations to check out for some of the best Fourth of July celebrations!
Popular July 4th Fireworks & Festivals Locations in Myrtle Beach
- SummerFest at Barefoot Landing The closest location to the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is only a 10 minute drive north to the popular Barefoot Landing. SummerFest Festival is happening all summer long and on July 4th, they will be hosting a special Independence Day firework show! You can start your night off with some some shopping at some of their 60 unique stores such as White House/Black Market or Ron Jon Surf Shop followed by waterfront dining at one of their several restaurants on Barefoot Lake . Live entertainment occurs throughout the complex before finding the perfect spot by the Barefoot Landing lake to catch the firework show, which begins at 9:30 pm. After enjoying the fireworks festivities, continue to stroll around & indulge in some homemade ice cream at “Sweet Molly’s Creamery”.
- Broadway at the Beach is Myrtle Beach’s mega shopping, dining, entertainment & amusement complex with over 14 million visitors annually! If you like to be in the middle of Myrtle Beach July 4th crowds, this is one of the most popular and breathtaking firework shows at the beach! Conveniently and centrally located in Myrtle Beach, it is easy to find. This venue is an easy 15-20 minutes south of the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Weekly firework celebrations occurs every Tuesday and Friday throughout their “Summer Nights” Festival . However, in honor of the Fourth of July, they will have a special celebration that begins at 10 pm that evening. You can see the fireworks from any location around the 23 acre Lake Broadway but you may want to go early and grab a spot on one the bridges over the lake for the best views. Arrive early as parking will fill quickly!
- For less crowds, but just as exciting; located just across the street from Broadway at the Beach is the Ticketreturn.com Field, home of the Myrtle Beach minor league baseball team the Myrtle Beach Pelicans! Take in a game starting at 7:05 pm that evening. Then, following the game with the Buies Creek Astros , you will already have your own seat as you get ready for their own spectacular firework show on July 4th . If you decide to join the Pelicans for the Fourth of July, you are able to purchase the “All-American Package” which includes a 24 oz. Budweiser draft, ticket to the Budweiser Thirst Inning Deck, a hot dog, cracker jacks, and a mini American flag – all for just $17.76.
- If you want to be in the middle of the Myrtle Beach July 4th frenzy then you won’t want to miss a firework show while sitting right on the beach. The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk will host a July Fourth celebration, which includes live music entertainment and a firework show. There are several oceanfront restaurants and bars to visit before the festivities begin. Live music will go on throughout the evening during the Hot Summer Nights concert series at Plyler Park underneath the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel. You will be able to catch the firework show, starting at 10 pm from the 2nd Avenue Pier. The fireworks can be seen from various places up and down the beach and boardwalk.
- If you are looking for a low key July 4th Fireworks experience, you can simply drive along Ocean Blvd. and park at any of the Beach Access locations. You will be able to see fireworks in the distance There are several private venues and locations that will be just as good of a show as some of the bigger events with less crowds.
When you book your stay and celebrate the week of Independence Day at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, you’re centrally located to all the top spots to view spectacular fireworks and festivities.
Combine your July 4th week or any time in the summer with our
When you think of Summer, basking in hot sunny days and splashing around in the warm surf may first come to mind. We at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes realize that’s what you come here for so we strive to make these amenities the best during your Myrtle Beach vacation!
Let’s face it…Myrtle Beach gets crowded in the summer and when you go to the beach, you not only have to pay to park but often times there’s the headache of getting all of your gear together, dragging it to the surf and the trying to find a spot on the beach to set up your chair, umbrella. Even if you stay at another hotel or resort on the beach, you will still have to either bring your own beach gear or pay for pricey rentals for umbrella & chairs for the day or week!
Do You Want to Spend Your Vacation Like This?
Not here! One of the best perks of staying here at Marina Inn, is you get to enjoy the private sanctuary of our own uncrowded beach with all of these amenities included in your stay! Yes, that’s right!
Imagine this…all you need to take with you is your beach bag and some sunscreen. You and the family can simply hop on our air conditioned beach shuttle for a comfortable 5 minute ride to the beach . Once there, a winding tree-lined path will guide you to beautiful coastal dunes covered in beach grass, guarding this quiet section of pristine beach.
Journey to our Exclusive Beach Experience!
You won’t need to bring your beach chairs with you because the beach chairs, beach umbrellas and towels are all set up and waiting for you when you arrive! So all you have to worry about is applying the suntan lotion and which book to read. And you can relax while you’re children play in the ocean because we have a beach lifeguard on duty at all times while the beach service is open.
Hungry? We got you covered there too. The Beach Cabana Café is available when you get hungry after splashing around in the ocean. They serve salads, sandwiches and light lunch items, beer and wine. You can enjoy either eating under your umbrella or the enclosed, shaded porch with tables and chairs if you wish to escape the sun for a bit.
After your day in the sun is over, don’t forget to leave the sand on the beach by taking full advantage of the shower, changing room & full facilities. Forget the hassles of finding your car because the beach shuttle is available throughout the day to and from Marina Inn. Simply push the button at the end of the path to call for the shuttle. Then when you and your family arrive back to the Marina Inn, you will be clean & ready to go! Easy enough?
Operating Hours May 27 – September 24:
- Beach Service available daily from 9:00am – 4:45pm including chairs, towels and umbrellas, changing room, shower, full facilities & Beach Lifeguard Service
- Food & Beverage available daily from 11:00am-5:00pm Light dining menu of sandwiches, salads and lite fare as well as beer & wine
- Marina Inn Shuttle Service available daily from 9:00am – 7:00pm
We know that you’ll enjoy all the amenities and seclusion our private beach experience has to offer during the summer. And it’s never too early to start planning and save up to 35% when you book with us now! We can accommodate any size group – whether you’re traveling with just your significant other, family or planning a group reunion. Reserve your spot today!
Your Perfect Myrtle Beach Wedding Venue
It’s a day most women have been dreaming about their whole lives – the day they get to walk down the aisle and say “I do” and marry the man of their dreams. Not only is Myrtle Beach an ideal location to celebrate your nuptials, but the AAA four-diamond Marina Inn at Grande Dunes can tell your special Myrtle Beach wedding story with our unique boutique venue, outstanding service and amenities unlike any other wedding venue in Myrtle Beach!
Begin with an Enchanting Ceremony…..
Here at Marina Inn we offer a complete wedding package that makes it easy to turn your dream wedding into a reality. Everything from the ceremony to the reception, we have plenty of options to customize and make your day as enchanting as you’ve imagined. Whether you desire to exchange vows indoors or outdoors, we have options for both. For outdoor weddings in Myrtle Beach, Our Grande Lawn is an enchanting space with a wood pergola that can be lavishly decorated for the ceremony. The beautiful green manicured grass of the lawn can accommodate seating up to 300. All of this with a serene background overlooking the green manicured fairways of the Resort Course at Grande Dunes. Sunsets over the golf course and waterway are breathtaking and will make for some unforgettable wedding photos. If an outdoor ceremony is not your style, our Nautilus Ballroom is equally as captivating with towering taupe Corinthian columns and old world sparkling chandeliers hanging from 18′ tall ceilings surrounded by Tuscan inspired decor.
A Wedding Reception To Remember!
Following the official “I do” it’s celebration time and depending on the size of your wedding wedding party, there are a variety of inspiring spaces inspired by Tuscan design with tall floor to ceiling columns, old world chandeliers and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Grande Lawn. For smaller receptions of 60 or less, the Outdoor Loggia that, although is outdoors, is completely covered. This space can also be be paired with the indoor Pre-Function Area to add an open-air element to your indoor/outdoor reception. The Pre-Function Area and Loggia combined 4,000 square feet can accommodates up to 200 guests. The Pre-Function Area and Outdoor Loggia are also both excellent places to host your rehearsal dinner. For large weddings of up to 350, the Nautilus Ballroom is the perfect location. It is 5,000 square feet of pure elegance. This space can be paired with the Pre-Function Area to host reception/bar in Pre-Function and dinner/entertainment in the Nautilus Ballroom. Even though the beauty of the space alone really does not require much decorating; if you want to go all out, decorating options are endless! We have had decorating themes that range from “Frozen” to “Travel the World” However you wish to decorate or not, your guests have plenty of space to both mix and mingle, dine and dance the night away.
See the Magic of a Marina Inn Wedding….
When you book your wedding at Marina Inn, you won’t have to worry about guest parking. We offer valet parking for $12 or free self-parking, depending on what your guests prefer. Either way, all parking is located conveniently on-site.
Details, Details, Details….
Whether you are looking at a full sit down 3, 4 or 5 course dinner or a heavy hor d’oeuvre reception, we offer a variety of menu options carefully created by our culinary team with every budget in mind. However, if you are looking for something other than what is included in our menus, just ask your sales representative and our catering team will price it for you. Our award-winning culinary team is sure to prepare a meal that will not only satisfy your guests but one that will be fondly remembered by all.
Don’t Get Bogged Down with Details…Hire a Professional Wedding Planner!
Wedding planning can make your dream wedding seem like a nightmare without the proper resources and advice! The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes catering sales team will assist with securing the right space for your wedding events such as the ceremony and reception as well as assist with choosing menus for your event and securing a guest room block for your wedding party. However, garnering advice and logistics from a professional wedding planner is invaluable! We work with some of the top wedding professionals in the Myrtle Beach industry that can create an event based on your specific style and budget that work with the most respected wedding vendors in Myrtle Beach to make sure your wedding is flawless!
Marina Inn Grande Dunes is thrilled about the potential to be your wedding day destination. We are eager to do answer your questions.
If you plan on getting married this year, we are featuring 2017 Value Package Dates with special incentives! Learn More!
Like country music? Pack your boots and cowboy hat because you’ll find the best country artists this June at the Myrtle Beach Carolina Country Music Fest! Mark you calendar for June 8th through the 11th and enjoy four days of sun, music and fun!
Following two successful years, this will be the third year in a row that the music festival will be kicking up its boots in the sand.
The 2017 Carolina Country Music Fest promises to be even bigger and better than last year! With the cool ocean breezes in the background, The festival takes place in the heart of Myrtle Beach beside Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
Headliners – Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldeen & Darius Rucker!
There have already been three amazing headliners announced including award-winning artists Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, and South Carolina’s own Darius Rucker. Other chart-topping artists that have been released include Big & Rich, Billy Currington, Lee Brice, Kip Moore, Granger Smith, Jordan Davis, Jordan Rager, Kevin Mac, Dee Jay Silver and Luke Combs. On March 8th the festival announced females that will grace the 2017 Carolina Country Music Fest stages including Gretchen Wilson aka ‘Redneck Woman’, up and coming female trio Runaway June, Morgan Myles, Laura Jenkins, Kennedy Fitzsimmons. So far this lineup is jam-packed with talented musicians – and the more artists that are released, the faster the tickets are sure to sell!
SCENES FROM 2016 CAROLINA COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL
- 3-Day Super VIP
Premier experience at CCMP Separate platform level viewing area with full bar, exclusive VIP entrance, an air conditioned catering tent with seating, private bathrooms. Price is inclusive of food and drinks.
- 3-Day VIP
Exclusive roped section directly stage front with private VIP cash bars food tents and private bathrooms
- 3-Day General Admission
- Single ticket for McDonald’s Thursday Night Kick-off Concert
Come a day early on Thursday June 8th, McDonald’s is sponsoring a festival kick-off concert featuring Montgomery Gentry and Brett Young. This is sure to be a fun concert and the perfect way to commence a weekend full of exciting country music!
Book Your Tickets & Hotel Reservations Now!
It’s never too early to start purchasing tickets and making accommodation plans. Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is located only 7 miles from the festival – close enough to fun but away from the highly congested areas of Myrtle Beach. A full service, four diamond resort offering a variety of accommodations for your party with everything from hotel rooms to two or three bedroom suites. All rooms offer private balconies with views of the Intracoastal Waterway or marina. During down times from the Carolina Country Music Festival, make plans to dine at our award-winning restaurant WaterScapes open for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Take a break & have a cocktail out by our outdoor pool & pool bar serving casual dining and drinks. You don’t want to miss out on huge savings when you book with us early!
Get ready for a weekend packed full of sun, sand and country music at the 2017 Carolina Country Music Fest! Make sure to purchase your tickets and start making accommodation plans soon. You’re sure to leave Myrtle Beach that weekend with memories of new friends and some new favorite country songs!
The weather is warming up, flowers are beginning to bloom and we are getting spring fever here at the Marina Inn! And with spring comes Easter. The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is planning for another family fun filled Myrtle Beach Easter Package! It’s an Easter Weekend package full of activities that the entire family will enjoy the weekend of April 14-16th.
Get ready for an Easter Weekend filled with Pastels, Candy and Fun!
Saturday, April 13
The Easter Bunny arrives early at the Marina Inn delivering an Easter Basket filled with Easter candy and activities for each child upon arrival. Keep the basket handy because your little one will need it on Sunday for the Easter Egg Hunt!
The weekend will be filled with activities to entertain the entire family! Pack your imagination and creativity because all day Saturday our staff will be providing all of the necessary materials and leading several Easter Activities planned starting with Easter crafts at 10:00 am. That afternoon at 2:00 pm we will supply the cookies & accessories for Easter Cookie Decorating. The afternoon activity at 4:00 will be Easter egg Dying. Of course, you can forgo the Easter activities and hit the Marina Inn Secluded Beach! Available from 9:00am-4:00pm, our service provides transportation, chairs, towels, umbrellas, facilities, changing rooms, shower and snack bar with light dining, beer & wine for purchase. Or relax by our Outdoor Heated Pool or two Jacuzzis. The Outdoor Poolbar will be open from 11:00am-6:00pm for casual dining and your favorite drinks. Don’t forget to ask about the Drink of the Day!
Sunday, April 14
Your kids will be surprised Sunday morning to wake up to an Easter Basket delivery from the Easter Bunny filled with goodies and activities. After emptying those baskets; put them to good use later that morning at the Grande Lawn at 10:00am to meet the Easter Bunny himself! At 10:30, get ready to gather up some more goodie filled eggs at the annual Marina Inn Easter Egg Hunt on the Grande Lawn and more hang out time with the Easter Bunny. The excitement of Easter morning will build your appetite for the Marina Inn annual Easter Brunch in the Nautilus Ballroom.
This extravagant Easter Brunch will have breakfast brunch favorites such as omelets, waffles, sausage, bacon and fruit. Before the traditional Easter feast; make sure you try our Chilled Seafood Display featuring oysters on the half shell, crab claws and chilled shrimp cocktail. Then move on to traditional Easter Brunch favorites such as carved honey ham and carved roasted leg of lamb accompanied by a large selection of salads, a variety of vegetables, grilled salmon, steak and more! Make room for dessert featuring assorted cakes, cookies and fruit. The kids will have their own Kids Menu with chicken tenders, cheese pizza, fruit and more. Reservations accepted from 11:00 am to 2:30 pm. The Easter Bunny will still be around so don’t forget to grab him for some Easter pictures!
What’s Included in the Package?
The Easter Package at Marina Inn starts at $586* and includes
- Accommodations in the Grande Guest Room featuring one King Bed or 2 Queen Beds
- Easter Activities on Saturday
- Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday
- Sunday Easter Brunch
Although the package price is based on two adults and two children in a grande guest room, final cost will be determined based on the total number of people. Larger Suites are also available for an additional cost so bring the entire family! All rooms feature large travertine tile bathrooms with separate showers. The 2/3 bedroom suites feature separate living room & each bedroom with its own bathroom. Enjoy waking up and starting your day with a cup of coffee on the private balcony featuring a variety of views either overlooking the Grande Dunes Golf Course or the Grande Dunes Marina. So go ahead and invite the whole family to enjoy the Easter holiday at the beach!
This package is sure to book up quick so reserve your room with us today for a fun-filled Easter weekend in Myrtle Beach!
*Package price of $586 is based on two adults & two children and includes accommodations in a grande guest room with a choice one one king bed or two queen beds. Larger accommodations available at an additional rate. Price requires a two night minimum and includes all taxes and fees. Final price is determined by total number of guests.
Along with the unseasonably warm weather that the Myrtle Beach area has experienced this winter, along comes several events to keep anyone busy this weekend!
The largest event, the Myrtle Beach Marathon will be taking place this weekend. In addition to the grueling full and half marathon, you can participate in the Marathon Relay, Grande Dunes 5k and Family Fun Run. But if you don’t plan on partaking in this event. CLICK HERE for full event details.
The 40th anniversary of the ACC Women’s Basketball Tournament will be held this weekend at the HTC Center at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, SC. Conway is just a 20-30 minute drive. The tournament will feature 15 league teams with games through the weekend with the final championship game played on Sunday, March 5th. This is their 40th anniversary so there will be some extra celebration going on. Tickets start at $7.00 per person. Visit the ACC website for more information.
If you are interested in science and technology or have children that are; this the place to be on Friday and Saturday at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center this weekend. This is an intense three-day competition showcasing robots developed by high school teams from all across the United States as well as internationally.
This is an interactive competition among the teams and shows students that fields in technology that involve science, math, engineering and invention are actually fun and interesting!
The competition shows students that the technological fields hold many opportunities and that the basic concepts of science, math, engineering, and invention are exciting and interesting.
Admission is free so don’t miss this exciting and interactive event!
For the art lovers in town, attend the “First Friday Artwalk” in downtown Myrtle Beach supporting local businesses and creative entrepreneurs for an evening of fun and entertainment this Friday from 4:00-8:00 pm. Nurture downtown Myrtle Beach’s
Visit local art galleries and local restaurants to see what has evolved since your last visit.
Don’t forget to check the The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes website for the best upcoming offers for spring and summer. Coming soon, our popular Easter Package that includes guest room, kids activities and our Sunday Easter Brunch. This package sells out every year so subscribe to this blog or like us on Facebook to get notified first!
Myrtle Beach is well known for an abundance of activities but it also has a soft romantic side for your honeymoon in Myrtle Beach! Between the amazing attractions, assortment of restaurants and yes, the beach – it’s the perfect spot to escape to after saying “I do”! Myrtle Beach is centrally located and easy to get to if your are flying into Myrtle Beach International Airport or driving.
Where to Stay?
After your big day, we have you covered! Treat yourself to a honeymoon of luxury and reserve a suite at one of the top 5 star resorts in Myrtle Beach – Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Our resort is highly coveted as the best romantic experience in Myrtle Beach. We are a resort that spares no expense when it comes to making sure you have a first-class stay. Our guest rooms and suites are large and luxurious with private balcony with views from every room. You will not want to leave your room! But if you do, we are located on the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway and feature amazing amenities including: a private beach, our location beside Myrtle Beach Water Sports for easy access to rent jet skis or a pontoon boat (March – October), outdoor pool with infinity edge entry, indoor pool and fitness center, tennis, spa the Grande Dunes Resort Golf Course is located onsite.
You can reserve only a room or suite but if you are interested in going all out and making your honeymoon special, we offer two romantic honeymoon packages available to choose from:
This is the more extravagant of the two packages and includes everything you need to start your next chapter as a couple in Myrtle Beach.
- Accommodation of choice of the most luxurious room – these include suites that have private balconies with stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway. You’ll feel pampered as you relax in our complimentary soft cotton bathrobes and sleep like royalty on our Egyptian cotton bed linens and down pillows. Ask for the “Studio Suite Deluxe” that feature Jacuzzi tubs. Book early because these suites go quickly!
- On arrival night, enjoy a chilled bottle of Domaine Ste. Michelle sparkling wine and an assortment of chocolates along with an exquisite Gilchrist & Soames Spa basket full of luxurious products to pamper yourselves throughout your stay.
- On your second night, two decadent chocolate martinis will be delivered to your guest room
- Choose which night to experience a romantic three-course dinner for two at our award winning restaurant WaterScapes.
- Also choose which day or night to relax with a one-hour “Couples Hot Stone Massage” in the privacy of your guest room – so you can be pampered without having to even leave your suite.
- Every morning, enjoy breakfast in bed delivered to your room
If you want to cover just the basics, try our no frills “classic”honeymoon package
- Accommodation of choice of the most luxurious room – these include suites that have private balconies with stunning views of the Intracoastal Waterway. You’ll feel pampered as you relax in our complimentary soft cotton bathrobes and sleep like royalty on our Egyptian cotton bed linens and down pillows. Our “Studio Suite Deluxe” feature Jacuzzi tubs – adding that extra romance to your experience.
- On arrival night, enjoy a chilled bottle of Domaine Ste. Michelle sparkling wine and an assortment of chocolates
- Start each morning with a full delicious breakfast in our award-winning restaurant WaterScapes Restaurant.
- Choose which night to experience a three-course dinner for two at our award winning restaurant WaterScapes Restaurant.
There’s Life Outside of the Resort!
Should you get antsy lounging by the pool or our private beach, there are plenty of activities to entertain yourselves along the Grand Strand while spending some quality time together.
Want to spend an afternoon sampling wine? Duplin Winery is located right up the road and features tastings Monday-Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm. You’ll learn about the family history of the winery and see the bottling process in action. Once you find a Muscadine wine you enjoy – there is a beautiful outdoor patio to sip and relax with your sweetheart. Make sure to grab a bottle or two for a souvenir to enjoy when your honeymoon is over.
If you prefer beer rather than wine, you can check out Myrtle Beach’s only microbrewery – New South Brewing.
Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, this brewery is passionate about their craft beer and they offer tours so you can get a behind-the-scenes look at the brewing process and sample up to 5 of their beers. It is such a small brewery that you’ll get the opportunity to see first-hand how they hand-package every six-pack. Once your tour is complete, stick around and enjoy some of their delicious craft beer on tap. And you can even fill up a growler of your favorite beer for a tasty souvenir.
Brookgreen Gardens is a romantic place to explore. You can wander and meander through the gardens full of blooming seasonal flowers and admire all the handcrafted sculptures.
Brookgreen Gardens is known for having one of the largest collections of American figurative sculptures in the country. There are over 1,400 pieces crafted by 350 different artists. You can also visit the onsite zoo and, if you’re honeymooning in the summer months, be sure to check out the Butterfly House – a magical exhibit where hundreds of butterflies flutter through the air.
Surfing, Paddleboarding, Kayaking….
If you’re newlyweds that are looking for activities with a little more excitement – you can try taking a surf or paddle boarding lesson. And if you want to get above the surf and soar above the waves, try out parasailing. Try Jack’s Surf Lessons & Board Rentals – located close by in Myrtle Beach they offer surfing lessons, board rentals, Stand Up Paddleboarding and kayaking. Or for a laid back afternoon in Murrells Inlet, you can rent kayaks or Stand Up Paddleboards and experience the beauty of the marsh up close and personal.
Seafood Dining in Myrtle Beach!
Myrtle Beach is home to some of the best restaurants and amazing seafood. To experience an award-winning dining experience at one of the Top 5 Lowcountry Restaurants in the state, you won’t even have to leave the property. WaterScapes Restaurant is well known for its intimate dining atmosphere with cuisine prepared by award-winning Chef Corbett Rourk. Specializing in seafood and steaks, try the latest seafood selection such as diver scallops or shrimp and grits or a grilled filet or char grilled ribeye.
Just a few steps from our door is the nationally known Ruth Chris Steakhouse. They feature aged beef and top-quality ingredients with their a-la-carte style menu.
For a unique, upscale local dining experience, check out Collector’s Café – an art gallery/restaurant. You’ll enjoy delicious cuisine among amazing pieces of art. Featuring beautiful paintings, stunning photography and amazing sculptures – all of which are for sale. The owners, Tom & Craig are among the artists. You will probably see one or both of them there!
Just around the corner in the same building as Collector’s Cafe is Fire & Smoke Gastropub. Local owner & Chef Tyler Rice has created an amazing, versatile menu that you won’t find anywhere else in Myrtle Beach using a wood-fired grill and hot an cold smoker for beef, lamb and pork. Try small or large plate servings.
Just across the street from these two restaurants, a fun place to grab an after dinner drink or some tapas is the intimate Boom Boom Wine Room. Try their “wall of wine” where you purchase a hotel-style keycard, that you load with money – your “key” to purchasing wine. There is a various assortment of wines to choose from – both red and white – and you can either select a sip, sample, or pour. There is usually live music and it is a great atmosphere to sample some new wine and enjoy each other’s company.
If you’re looking for a classic, local seafood restaurant, you’ll have to try the Sea Captain’s House. It’s the perfect place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. On Sundays they even feature an award-winning brunch. Not only is the food they serve outstanding – but they’re located right on the ocean in a historic house– so the views while you dine are amazing.
Your Honeymoon Starts Here!
As you can see, Myrtle Beach has so much to offer newlyweds and is an amazing place to spend time together for your Special Honeymoon at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes! We invite you to book one of our luxurious honeymoon packages for an unforgettable memory!
Myrtle Beach is known as one of the top vacation destinations in the summer but don’t forget the advantages of the off season because even during the winter months, there are plenty of indoor activities and attractions for you and your family to enjoy along the Grand Strand. Plus – when you book with Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, you can take advantage of our winter rates and save up to 40%!
So bring the entire family on your next Myrtle Beach vacation and visit these interactive attractions for some indoor family fun!
“Escape” to Riddles Escape Room Myrtle Beach!
Are you ready to get your adrenaline pumping as you and your family race against the clock? Located just 5 minutes north of the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes – The Riddles Escape Room has created six “Escape Experiences” to solve….
Grand Strand Hotel Escape • Space Station Escape • Marooned Five Island Escape • Game of Phones • House of Cars • Claustrophobia
The ultimate goal is to escape by deciphering various riddles and cracking clues hidden throughout the room. This is a challenge the whole family can enjoy and as you must work together as a team to complete the task. Some clues are obvious, whereas others build on one another. The catch? You only have 60 minutes to solve the puzzle and escape. Oh the stress!
More Than Just a Bowling Alley at 710
If you’re looking for an active overall family friendly fun venue to spend the afternoon or evening, 710 Bowling Alley has it all. Located just 20 minutes north of the Marina Inn, this unique venue has a multitude of activities for the entire family!
- For bowlers, here are 14 standard lanes with leather couches and each are full service – so you don’t even have to stop your game to order food or drinks.
- Try out one of six boutique lanes that feature XTreme LED lighting.
There’s more than bowling here. They have activities and games galore!
710 has a full service bar and has put a unique spin on pub food with a menu that features Beef Brisket, Coconut Shrimp, Shrimp & Grits, Flatbread Pizza, and Mahi Mahi Tacos – and much more.
Ripley’s Aquarium in Myrtle Beach
Still one of the most popular attractions in Myrtle Beach – Experience a day underwater without even having to get wet! Ripley’s Aquarium is home to all types of aquatic life with numerous exhibits to see and explore.
Located at Broadway at the Beach, this facility is not only an attraction but also practices sea life rescue and release like the success story of “Magnolia” the Loggerhead Turtle….
- Visit the Indo-Pacific Coral Reef Adventure at Rainbow Rock and watch one of the dive shows where you will witness divers feeding exotics such as Triggerfish, Blue Tang, Clownfish and more. You may even see Mermaids! Watch as the Mermaids gracefully flip and glide underwater.
- If you want to interact with the aquatic life, make sure to stop by the Discovery Center where you can experience hands on learning by touching a horseshoe crab or pet a slippery sting ray.
- The Living Gallery has true works of colorful art in the form of living species such as octopus, anemones and sea dragons.
- One of the most exciting exhibits is the Dangerous Reef. A moving path guides you through a winding glass tunnel where you get the best views of the variety of sea life with several different species of fish, a giant green sea turtle, giant stingrays, and huge sharks! You might find yourself holding your breath as a large shark glides overhead as you get a glimpse of his razor sharp teeth!
- New for this season – you can experience the Dangerous Reef by Glass Bottom Boat where your tour guide will educate you on this home to over 8,500 aquatic animals including large sand tiger sharks, nurse sharks, sawfish, and much more. And you might even get a glimpse of the resident sea turtle – Gabby – through the glass as she glides underneath the boat.
When you’re driving down Highway 17, a particular upside building might’ve caught your eye. No, it wasn’t capsized during a bad storm; it’s actually WonderWorks – an indoor interactive attraction featuring over 100 hands experiences that engages the mind and imagination. Jump right in and explore the Six WonderZones..
- Natural Disasters – turn yourself into a human lighting rod
- Physical Challenge – challenge yourself to peddle as fast as you can and see if you can generate enough power to spin in a 360-degree revolution
- Light & Sound – every move you make translates into a vibrant array of colors
- Space Discovery – experience landing a space shuttle
- Imagination Lab – create designs with a giant Lite-Brite
- Far Out Art Gallery – you might think your brain is playing tricks on you with the riddles and illusions hidden in the hallways of peculiar artwork
But that’s not all. Sit back in the XD Theater 6D Extreme Motion simulated thrill ride or take in a game of Combat Laser Tag. Once all these are completed, you can climb to new heights with the Spacewalk Challenge – a 3 story, glow-in-the-dark ropes course. Nothing is ordinary in Wonderworks!
This is a place where you can really let the kids get active and soar as they bounce on trampolines, flip and dive into pools full of foam cubes, and much more! More than just trampolines, there are seven different stations including
- X-Beam – use a padded lance to try to knock your opponent off the beam
- Open/Ultimate Jump area – tons of room to bounce around freely, do flips and literally bounce off the walls
- Dodgeball Area – taking the game to another level – the balls aren’t the only thing bouncing around during this competition
- Slam Dunk Zone – use the trampoline launch pad to make the ultimate slam-dunk
- Ninja Challenge Course – try your skills in this challenging course that includes trapeze walking, tube swinging, swinging across rings, hanging discs, padded logs – and ends with an wobbly bridge
- Stunt Bag – feel like a movie star performing your own stunts as you flip, bounce and fly around the stunt bag area
- Vertical Ops – this climbing wall lets you test your strength as you climb a tricky vertical rock wall
Don’t let the winter months pass by without experiencing some or all of these adventures. But hurry, spring will be here before you know it along with higher room rates! So if you’re ready to escape to the beach with your family this winter and save up to 40% off – Book our Advance Purchase Offer.