Myrtle Beach has long been considered the vacation spot for families in Myrtle Beach, SC especially during the traditional July 4th week. Fireworks is the first activity that may come to mind when planning your July 4th Myrtle Beach vacation. Here are a few of the locations to check out for some of the best Fourth of July celebrations!
Popular July 4th Fireworks & Festivals Locations in Myrtle Beach
- SummerFest at Barefoot Landing The closest location to the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is only a 10 minute drive north to the popular Barefoot Landing. SummerFest Festival is happening all summer long and on July 4th, they will be hosting a special Independence Day firework show! You can start your night off with some some shopping at some of their 60 unique stores such as White House/Black Market or Ron Jon Surf Shop followed by waterfront dining at one of their several restaurants on Barefoot Lake . Live entertainment occurs throughout the complex before finding the perfect spot by the Barefoot Landing lake to catch the firework show, which begins at 9:30 pm. After enjoying the fireworks festivities, continue to stroll around & indulge in some homemade ice cream at “Sweet Molly’s Creamery”.
- Broadway at the Beach is Myrtle Beach’s mega shopping, dining, entertainment & amusement complex with over 14 million visitors annually! If you like to be in the middle of Myrtle Beach July 4th crowds, this is one of the most popular and breathtaking firework shows at the beach! Conveniently and centrally located in Myrtle Beach, it is easy to find. This venue is an easy 15-20 minutes south of the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes. Weekly firework celebrations occurs every Tuesday and Friday throughout their “Summer Nights” Festival . However, in honor of the Fourth of July, they will have a special celebration that begins at 10 pm that evening. You can see the fireworks from any location around the 23 acre Lake Broadway but you may want to go early and grab a spot on one the bridges over the lake for the best views. Arrive early as parking will fill quickly!
- For less crowds, but just as exciting; located just across the street from Broadway at the Beach is the Ticketreturn.com Field, home of the Myrtle Beach minor league baseball team the Myrtle Beach Pelicans! Take in a game starting at 7:05 pm that evening. Then, following the game with the Buies Creek Astros , you will already have your own seat as you get ready for their own spectacular firework show on July 4th . If you decide to join the Pelicans for the Fourth of July, you are able to purchase the “All-American Package” which includes a 24 oz. Budweiser draft, ticket to the Budweiser Thirst Inning Deck, a hot dog, cracker jacks, and a mini American flag – all for just $17.76.
- If you want to be in the middle of the Myrtle Beach July 4th frenzy then you won’t want to miss a firework show while sitting right on the beach. The Myrtle Beach Boardwalk will host a July Fourth celebration, which includes live music entertainment and a firework show. There are several oceanfront restaurants and bars to visit before the festivities begin. Live music will go on throughout the evening during the Hot Summer Nights concert series at Plyler Park underneath the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel. You will be able to catch the firework show, starting at 10 pm from the 2nd Avenue Pier. The fireworks can be seen from various places up and down the beach and boardwalk.
- If you are looking for a low key July 4th Fireworks experience, you can simply drive along Ocean Blvd. and park at any of the Beach Access locations. You will be able to see fireworks in the distance There are several private venues and locations that will be just as good of a show as some of the bigger events with less crowds.
When you book your stay and celebrate the week of Independence Day at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, you’re centrally located to all the top spots to view spectacular fireworks and festivities.
Combine your July 4th week or any time in the summer with our
When you think of Summer, basking in hot sunny days and splashing around in the warm surf may first come to mind. We at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes realize that’s what you come here for so we strive to make these amenities the best during your Myrtle Beach vacation!
Let’s face it…Myrtle Beach gets crowded in the summer and when you go to the beach, you not only have to pay to park but often times there’s the headache of getting all of your gear together, dragging it to the surf and the trying to find a spot on the beach to set up your chair, umbrella. Even if you stay at another hotel or resort on the beach, you will still have to either bring your own beach gear or pay for pricey rentals for umbrella & chairs for the day or week!
Do You Want to Spend Your Vacation Like This?
Not here! One of the best perks of staying here at Marina Inn, is you get to enjoy the private sanctuary of our own uncrowded beach with all of these amenities included in your stay! Yes, that’s right!
Imagine this…all you need to take with you is your beach bag and some sunscreen. You and the family can simply hop on our air conditioned beach shuttle for a comfortable 5 minute ride to the beach . Once there, a winding tree-lined path will guide you to beautiful coastal dunes covered in beach grass, guarding this quiet section of pristine beach.
Journey to our Exclusive Beach Experience!
You won’t need to bring your beach chairs with you because the beach chairs, beach umbrellas and towels are all set up and waiting for you when you arrive! So all you have to worry about is applying the suntan lotion and which book to read. And you can relax while you’re children play in the ocean because we have a beach lifeguard on duty at all times while the beach service is open.
Hungry? We got you covered there too. The Beach Cabana Café is available when you get hungry after splashing around in the ocean. They serve salads, sandwiches and light lunch items, beer and wine. You can enjoy either eating under your umbrella or the enclosed, shaded porch with tables and chairs if you wish to escape the sun for a bit.
After your day in the sun is over, don’t forget to leave the sand on the beach by taking full advantage of the shower, changing room & full facilities. Forget the hassles of finding your car because the beach shuttle is available throughout the day to and from Marina Inn. Simply push the button at the end of the path to call for the shuttle. Then when you and your family arrive back to the Marina Inn, you will be clean & ready to go! Easy enough?
Operating Hours May 27 – September 24:
- Beach Service available daily from 9:00am – 4:45pm including chairs, towels and umbrellas, changing room, shower, full facilities & Beach Lifeguard Service
- Food & Beverage available daily from 11:00am-5:00pm Light dining menu of sandwiches, salads and lite fare as well as beer & wine
- Marina Inn Shuttle Service available daily from 9:00am – 7:00pm
We know that you’ll enjoy all the amenities and seclusion our private beach experience has to offer during the summer. And it’s never too early to start planning and save up to 35% when you book with us now! We can accommodate any size group – whether you’re traveling with just your significant other, family or planning a group reunion. Reserve your spot today!
The weather is warming up, flowers are beginning to bloom and we are getting spring fever here at the Marina Inn! And with spring comes Easter. The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is planning for another family fun filled Myrtle Beach Easter Package! It’s an Easter Weekend package full of activities that the entire family will enjoy the weekend of April 14-16th.
Get ready for an Easter Weekend filled with Pastels, Candy and Fun!
Saturday, April 13
The Easter Bunny arrives early at the Marina Inn delivering an Easter Basket filled with Easter candy and activities for each child upon arrival. Keep the basket handy because your little one will need it on Sunday for the Easter Egg Hunt!
The weekend will be filled with activities to entertain the entire family! Pack your imagination and creativity because all day Saturday our staff will be providing all of the necessary materials and leading several Easter Activities planned starting with Easter crafts at 10:00 am. That afternoon at 2:00 pm we will supply the cookies & accessories for Easter Cookie Decorating. The afternoon activity at 4:00 will be Easter egg Dying. Of course, you can forgo the Easter activities and hit the Marina Inn Secluded Beach! Available from 9:00am-4:00pm, our service provides transportation, chairs, towels, umbrellas, facilities, changing rooms, shower and snack bar with light dining, beer & wine for purchase. Or relax by our Outdoor Heated Pool or two Jacuzzis. The Outdoor Poolbar will be open from 11:00am-6:00pm for casual dining and your favorite drinks. Don’t forget to ask about the Drink of the Day!
Sunday, April 14
Your kids will be surprised Sunday morning to wake up to an Easter Basket delivery from the Easter Bunny filled with goodies and activities. After emptying those baskets; put them to good use later that morning at the Grande Lawn at 10:00am to meet the Easter Bunny himself! At 10:30, get ready to gather up some more goodie filled eggs at the annual Marina Inn Easter Egg Hunt on the Grande Lawn and more hang out time with the Easter Bunny. The excitement of Easter morning will build your appetite for the Marina Inn annual Easter Brunch in the Nautilus Ballroom.
This extravagant Easter Brunch will have breakfast brunch favorites such as omelets, waffles, sausage, bacon and fruit. Before the traditional Easter feast; make sure you try our Chilled Seafood Display featuring oysters on the half shell, crab claws and chilled shrimp cocktail. Then move on to traditional Easter Brunch favorites such as carved honey ham and carved roasted leg of lamb accompanied by a large selection of salads, a variety of vegetables, grilled salmon, steak and more! Make room for dessert featuring assorted cakes, cookies and fruit. The kids will have their own Kids Menu with chicken tenders, cheese pizza, fruit and more. Reservations accepted from 11:00 am to 2:30 pm. The Easter Bunny will still be around so don’t forget to grab him for some Easter pictures!
What’s Included in the Package?
The Easter Package at Marina Inn starts at $586* and includes
- Accommodations in the Grande Guest Room featuring one King Bed or 2 Queen Beds
- Easter Activities on Saturday
- Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday
- Sunday Easter Brunch
Although the package price is based on two adults and two children in a grande guest room, final cost will be determined based on the total number of people. Larger Suites are also available for an additional cost so bring the entire family! All rooms feature large travertine tile bathrooms with separate showers. The 2/3 bedroom suites feature separate living room & each bedroom with its own bathroom. Enjoy waking up and starting your day with a cup of coffee on the private balcony featuring a variety of views either overlooking the Grande Dunes Golf Course or the Grande Dunes Marina. So go ahead and invite the whole family to enjoy the Easter holiday at the beach!
This package is sure to book up quick so reserve your room with us today for a fun-filled Easter weekend in Myrtle Beach!
*Package price of $586 is based on two adults & two children and includes accommodations in a grande guest room with a choice one one king bed or two queen beds. Larger accommodations available at an additional rate. Price requires a two night minimum and includes all taxes and fees. Final price is determined by total number of guests.
Myrtle Beach has a Sense of Humor!
Between top-notch restaurants and exciting attractions, Myrtle Beach has plenty of opportunities to create a wonderful date night for you and your loved one. But if you’re looking for something fun, engaging, and a little outside the box, we recommend an evening at one of our local “Myrtle Beach Comedy Clubs”!
Located less than a mile north of the Marina Inn; the Comedy Cabana is one of the Grand Strand’s most reputable and longest running comedy clubs in Myrtle Beach. Bringing big names from Comedy Central, HBO, SHOWTIME and much more, Comedy Cabana is Myrtle Beach’s 5-Star comedy club. You’ll spend the evening being entertained and laughing along with some of the most well known comedians in the industry like Josh Blue, Jackie “The Joke Man” Martling, Basile, JJ Walker and more! Featuring three famous comedians weekly, you can find the full schedule here. Reservations are recommended for top acts and the venue is smoke free.
Spanky Brown performing at Comedy Cabana in February….
This is not your regular comedy show. At Carolina Improv, no two shows are ever the same. Putting their own spin on the show “Whose Line is it Anyway?” – this unscripted comedy show consists of a group of performers using their wit and creativity to act out various skits. These short skits are woven together to create an entertaining show full of laughs for date night or you can bring the entire family. And don’t expect to sit back in silence the entire time, as crowd participation and interaction is encouraged and at times, essential to the success of the show. Improv means the performance is unrehearsed and off-the-cuff, so at certain points in the show audience members are asked to shout out random things such as occupations, song titles, and other random topics that are used to create the scenario that will be acted out. Bring lots of imagination to this comedy show! Carolina Improv is located just 10 minutes north of the Marina Inn in the “Uptown Theater” inside the Myrtle Beach Mall. More information and a full show schedule. All ages are welcome. Beer & wine is available for purchase at the show.
Carolina Comedy Club
Right in the heart of one of Myrtle Beach’s largest entertainment destinations, Broadway at the Beach, is the home of the newest comedy attraction – the Carolina Comedy Club. Comedians that have appeared on The Tonight Show, Comedy Central, HBO, such as the Comedians of Chelsea Lately, Pauly Shore, Gallagher and much more have graced the stage at this comedy club. In addition to what’s happening on-stage, there is casual dining and an extensive cocktail menu at the Back Stage Bar and Grill. So grab some appetizers and a cold drink and enjoy an evening full of laughter. For a full schedule of upcoming shows click here.
When you book your stay the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, you’ll be close by all three of Myrtle Beach’s premiere comedy clubs. And after your evening of amusement, you’ll be able to come back and relax at one of our luxurious rooms or suites. Be sure to check out our Winter Special Offer so you can save up to 25% on your stay from now through February 28, 2017.
So whether you choose to be entertained by a famous stand-up comedian or join in the fun at an improv show, the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is the perfect resort for a weekend of romance, dining and comedy.