When you think of Summer, basking in hot sunny days and splashing around in the warm surf may first come to mind. We at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes realize that’s what you come here for so we strive to make these amenities the best during your Myrtle Beach vacation!
Let’s face it…Myrtle Beach gets crowded in the summer and when you go to the beach, you not only have to pay to park but often times there’s the headache of getting all of your gear together, dragging it to the surf and the trying to find a spot on the beach to set up your chair, umbrella. Even if you stay at another hotel or resort on the beach, you will still have to either bring your own beach gear or pay for pricey rentals for umbrella & chairs for the day or week!
Do You Want to Spend Your Vacation Like This?
Not here! One of the best perks of staying here at Marina Inn, is you get to enjoy the private sanctuary of our own uncrowded beach with all of these amenities included in your stay! Yes, that’s right!
Imagine this…all you need to take with you is your beach bag and some sunscreen. You and the family can simply hop on our air conditioned beach shuttle for a comfortable 5 minute ride to the beach . Once there, a winding tree-lined path will guide you to beautiful coastal dunes covered in beach grass, guarding this quiet section of pristine beach.
Journey to our Exclusive Beach Experience!
You won’t need to bring your beach chairs with you because the beach chairs, beach umbrellas and towels are all set up and waiting for you when you arrive! So all you have to worry about is applying the suntan lotion and which book to read. And you can relax while you’re children play in the ocean because we have a beach lifeguard on duty at all times while the beach service is open.
Hungry? We got you covered there too. The Beach Cabana Café is available when you get hungry after splashing around in the ocean. They serve salads, sandwiches and light lunch items, beer and wine. You can enjoy either eating under your umbrella or the enclosed, shaded porch with tables and chairs if you wish to escape the sun for a bit.
After your day in the sun is over, don’t forget to leave the sand on the beach by taking full advantage of the shower, changing room & full facilities. Forget the hassles of finding your car because the beach shuttle is available throughout the day to and from Marina Inn. Simply push the button at the end of the path to call for the shuttle. Then when you and your family arrive back to the Marina Inn, you will be clean & ready to go! Easy enough?
Operating Hours May 27 – September 24:
- Beach Service available daily from 9:00am – 4:45pm including chairs, towels and umbrellas, changing room, shower, full facilities & Beach Lifeguard Service
- Food & Beverage available daily from 11:00am-5:00pm Light dining menu of sandwiches, salads and lite fare as well as beer & wine
- Marina Inn Shuttle Service available daily from 9:00am – 7:00pm
We know that you’ll enjoy all the amenities and seclusion our private beach experience has to offer during the summer. And it’s never too early to start planning and save up to 35% when you book with us now! We can accommodate any size group – whether you’re traveling with just your significant other, family or planning a group reunion. Reserve your spot today!
Like country music? Pack your boots and cowboy hat because you’ll find the best country artists this June at the Myrtle Beach Carolina Country Music Fest! Mark you calendar for June 8th through the 11th and enjoy four days of sun, music and fun!
Following two successful years, this will be the third year in a row that the music festival will be kicking up its boots in the sand.
The 2017 Carolina Country Music Fest promises to be even bigger and better than last year! With the cool ocean breezes in the background, The festival takes place in the heart of Myrtle Beach beside Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
Headliners – Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldeen & Darius Rucker!
There have already been three amazing headliners announced including award-winning artists Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, and South Carolina’s own Darius Rucker. Other chart-topping artists that have been released include Big & Rich, Billy Currington, Lee Brice, Kip Moore, Granger Smith, Jordan Davis, Jordan Rager, Kevin Mac, Dee Jay Silver and Luke Combs. On March 8th the festival announced females that will grace the 2017 Carolina Country Music Fest stages including Gretchen Wilson aka ‘Redneck Woman’, up and coming female trio Runaway June, Morgan Myles, Laura Jenkins, Kennedy Fitzsimmons. So far this lineup is jam-packed with talented musicians – and the more artists that are released, the faster the tickets are sure to sell!
SCENES FROM 2016 CAROLINA COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL
- 3-Day Super VIP
Premier experience at CCMP Separate platform level viewing area with full bar, exclusive VIP entrance, an air conditioned catering tent with seating, private bathrooms. Price is inclusive of food and drinks.
- 3-Day VIP
Exclusive roped section directly stage front with private VIP cash bars food tents and private bathrooms
- 3-Day General Admission
- Single ticket for McDonald’s Thursday Night Kick-off Concert
Come a day early on Thursday June 8th, McDonald’s is sponsoring a festival kick-off concert featuring Montgomery Gentry and Brett Young. This is sure to be a fun concert and the perfect way to commence a weekend full of exciting country music!
Book Your Tickets & Hotel Reservations Now!
It’s never too early to start purchasing tickets and making accommodation plans. Marina Inn at Grande Dunes is located only 7 miles from the festival – close enough to fun but away from the highly congested areas of Myrtle Beach. A full service, four diamond resort offering a variety of accommodations for your party with everything from hotel rooms to two or three bedroom suites. All rooms offer private balconies with views of the Intracoastal Waterway or marina. During down times from the Carolina Country Music Festival, make plans to dine at our award-winning restaurant WaterScapes open for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Take a break & have a cocktail out by our outdoor pool & pool bar serving casual dining and drinks. You don’t want to miss out on huge savings when you book with us early!
Get ready for a weekend packed full of sun, sand and country music at the 2017 Carolina Country Music Fest! Make sure to purchase your tickets and start making accommodation plans soon. You’re sure to leave Myrtle Beach that weekend with memories of new friends and some new favorite country songs!
Myrtle Beach is known as one of the top vacation destinations in the summer but don’t forget the advantages of the off season because even during the winter months, there are plenty of indoor activities and attractions for you and your family to enjoy along the Grand Strand. Plus – when you book with Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, you can take advantage of our winter rates and save up to 40%!
So bring the entire family on your next Myrtle Beach vacation and visit these interactive attractions for some indoor family fun!
“Escape” to Riddles Escape Room Myrtle Beach!
Are you ready to get your adrenaline pumping as you and your family race against the clock? Located just 5 minutes north of the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes – The Riddles Escape Room has created six “Escape Experiences” to solve….
Grand Strand Hotel Escape • Space Station Escape • Marooned Five Island Escape • Game of Phones • House of Cars • Claustrophobia
The ultimate goal is to escape by deciphering various riddles and cracking clues hidden throughout the room. This is a challenge the whole family can enjoy and as you must work together as a team to complete the task. Some clues are obvious, whereas others build on one another. The catch? You only have 60 minutes to solve the puzzle and escape. Oh the stress!
More Than Just a Bowling Alley at 710
If you’re looking for an active overall family friendly fun venue to spend the afternoon or evening, 710 Bowling Alley has it all. Located just 20 minutes north of the Marina Inn, this unique venue has a multitude of activities for the entire family!
- For bowlers, here are 14 standard lanes with leather couches and each are full service – so you don’t even have to stop your game to order food or drinks.
- Try out one of six boutique lanes that feature XTreme LED lighting.
There’s more than bowling here. They have activities and games galore!
710 has a full service bar and has put a unique spin on pub food with a menu that features Beef Brisket, Coconut Shrimp, Shrimp & Grits, Flatbread Pizza, and Mahi Mahi Tacos – and much more.
Ripley’s Aquarium in Myrtle Beach
Still one of the most popular attractions in Myrtle Beach – Experience a day underwater without even having to get wet! Ripley’s Aquarium is home to all types of aquatic life with numerous exhibits to see and explore.
Located at Broadway at the Beach, this facility is not only an attraction but also practices sea life rescue and release like the success story of “Magnolia” the Loggerhead Turtle….
- Visit the Indo-Pacific Coral Reef Adventure at Rainbow Rock and watch one of the dive shows where you will witness divers feeding exotics such as Triggerfish, Blue Tang, Clownfish and more. You may even see Mermaids! Watch as the Mermaids gracefully flip and glide underwater.
- If you want to interact with the aquatic life, make sure to stop by the Discovery Center where you can experience hands on learning by touching a horseshoe crab or pet a slippery sting ray.
- The Living Gallery has true works of colorful art in the form of living species such as octopus, anemones and sea dragons.
- One of the most exciting exhibits is the Dangerous Reef. A moving path guides you through a winding glass tunnel where you get the best views of the variety of sea life with several different species of fish, a giant green sea turtle, giant stingrays, and huge sharks! You might find yourself holding your breath as a large shark glides overhead as you get a glimpse of his razor sharp teeth!
- New for this season – you can experience the Dangerous Reef by Glass Bottom Boat where your tour guide will educate you on this home to over 8,500 aquatic animals including large sand tiger sharks, nurse sharks, sawfish, and much more. And you might even get a glimpse of the resident sea turtle – Gabby – through the glass as she glides underneath the boat.
When you’re driving down Highway 17, a particular upside building might’ve caught your eye. No, it wasn’t capsized during a bad storm; it’s actually WonderWorks – an indoor interactive attraction featuring over 100 hands experiences that engages the mind and imagination. Jump right in and explore the Six WonderZones..
- Natural Disasters – turn yourself into a human lighting rod
- Physical Challenge – challenge yourself to peddle as fast as you can and see if you can generate enough power to spin in a 360-degree revolution
- Light & Sound – every move you make translates into a vibrant array of colors
- Space Discovery – experience landing a space shuttle
- Imagination Lab – create designs with a giant Lite-Brite
- Far Out Art Gallery – you might think your brain is playing tricks on you with the riddles and illusions hidden in the hallways of peculiar artwork
But that’s not all. Sit back in the XD Theater 6D Extreme Motion simulated thrill ride or take in a game of Combat Laser Tag. Once all these are completed, you can climb to new heights with the Spacewalk Challenge – a 3 story, glow-in-the-dark ropes course. Nothing is ordinary in Wonderworks!
This is a place where you can really let the kids get active and soar as they bounce on trampolines, flip and dive into pools full of foam cubes, and much more! More than just trampolines, there are seven different stations including
- X-Beam – use a padded lance to try to knock your opponent off the beam
- Open/Ultimate Jump area – tons of room to bounce around freely, do flips and literally bounce off the walls
- Dodgeball Area – taking the game to another level – the balls aren’t the only thing bouncing around during this competition
- Slam Dunk Zone – use the trampoline launch pad to make the ultimate slam-dunk
- Ninja Challenge Course – try your skills in this challenging course that includes trapeze walking, tube swinging, swinging across rings, hanging discs, padded logs – and ends with an wobbly bridge
- Stunt Bag – feel like a movie star performing your own stunts as you flip, bounce and fly around the stunt bag area
- Vertical Ops – this climbing wall lets you test your strength as you climb a tricky vertical rock wall
Don’t let the winter months pass by without experiencing some or all of these adventures. But hurry, spring will be here before you know it along with higher room rates! So if you’re ready to escape to the beach with your family this winter and save up to 40% off – Book our Advance Purchase Offer.