Myrtle Beach is known as one of the top vacation destinations in the summer but don’t forget the advantages of the off season because even during the winter months, there are plenty of indoor activities and attractions for you and your family to enjoy along the Grand Strand. Plus – when you book with Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, you can take advantage of our winter rates and save up to 40%!
So bring the entire family on your next Myrtle Beach vacation and visit these interactive attractions for some indoor family fun!
“Escape” to Riddles Escape Room Myrtle Beach!
Are you ready to get your adrenaline pumping as you and your family race against the clock? Located just 5 minutes north of the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes – The Riddles Escape Room has created six “Escape Experiences” to solve….
Grand Strand Hotel Escape • Space Station Escape • Marooned Five Island Escape • Game of Phones • House of Cars • Claustrophobia
The ultimate goal is to escape by deciphering various riddles and cracking clues hidden throughout the room. This is a challenge the whole family can enjoy and as you must work together as a team to complete the task. Some clues are obvious, whereas others build on one another. The catch? You only have 60 minutes to solve the puzzle and escape. Oh the stress!
More Than Just a Bowling Alley at 710
If you’re looking for an active overall family friendly fun venue to spend the afternoon or evening, 710 Bowling Alley has it all. Located just 20 minutes north of the Marina Inn, this unique venue has a multitude of activities for the entire family!
- For bowlers, here are 14 standard lanes with leather couches and each are full service – so you don’t even have to stop your game to order food or drinks.
- Try out one of six boutique lanes that feature XTreme LED lighting.
There’s more than bowling here. They have activities and games galore!
710 has a full service bar and has put a unique spin on pub food with a menu that features Beef Brisket, Coconut Shrimp, Shrimp & Grits, Flatbread Pizza, and Mahi Mahi Tacos – and much more.
Ripley’s Aquarium in Myrtle Beach
Still one of the most popular attractions in Myrtle Beach – Experience a day underwater without even having to get wet! Ripley’s Aquarium is home to all types of aquatic life with numerous exhibits to see and explore.
Located at Broadway at the Beach, this facility is not only an attraction but also practices sea life rescue and release like the success story of “Magnolia” the Loggerhead Turtle….
- Visit the Indo-Pacific Coral Reef Adventure at Rainbow Rock and watch one of the dive shows where you will witness divers feeding exotics such as Triggerfish, Blue Tang, Clownfish and more. You may even see Mermaids! Watch as the Mermaids gracefully flip and glide underwater.
- If you want to interact with the aquatic life, make sure to stop by the Discovery Center where you can experience hands on learning by touching a horseshoe crab or pet a slippery sting ray.
- The Living Gallery has true works of colorful art in the form of living species such as octopus, anemones and sea dragons.
- One of the most exciting exhibits is the Dangerous Reef. A moving path guides you through a winding glass tunnel where you get the best views of the variety of sea life with several different species of fish, a giant green sea turtle, giant stingrays, and huge sharks! You might find yourself holding your breath as a large shark glides overhead as you get a glimpse of his razor sharp teeth!
- New for this season – you can experience the Dangerous Reef by Glass Bottom Boat where your tour guide will educate you on this home to over 8,500 aquatic animals including large sand tiger sharks, nurse sharks, sawfish, and much more. And you might even get a glimpse of the resident sea turtle – Gabby – through the glass as she glides underneath the boat.
When you’re driving down Highway 17, a particular upside building might’ve caught your eye. No, it wasn’t capsized during a bad storm; it’s actually WonderWorks – an indoor interactive attraction featuring over 100 hands experiences that engages the mind and imagination. Jump right in and explore the Six WonderZones..
- Natural Disasters – turn yourself into a human lighting rod
- Physical Challenge – challenge yourself to peddle as fast as you can and see if you can generate enough power to spin in a 360-degree revolution
- Light & Sound – every move you make translates into a vibrant array of colors
- Space Discovery – experience landing a space shuttle
- Imagination Lab – create designs with a giant Lite-Brite
- Far Out Art Gallery – you might think your brain is playing tricks on you with the riddles and illusions hidden in the hallways of peculiar artwork
But that’s not all. Sit back in the XD Theater 6D Extreme Motion simulated thrill ride or take in a game of Combat Laser Tag. Once all these are completed, you can climb to new heights with the Spacewalk Challenge – a 3 story, glow-in-the-dark ropes course. Nothing is ordinary in Wonderworks!
This is a place where you can really let the kids get active and soar as they bounce on trampolines, flip and dive into pools full of foam cubes, and much more! More than just trampolines, there are seven different stations including
- X-Beam – use a padded lance to try to knock your opponent off the beam
- Open/Ultimate Jump area – tons of room to bounce around freely, do flips and literally bounce off the walls
- Dodgeball Area – taking the game to another level – the balls aren’t the only thing bouncing around during this competition
- Slam Dunk Zone – use the trampoline launch pad to make the ultimate slam-dunk
- Ninja Challenge Course – try your skills in this challenging course that includes trapeze walking, tube swinging, swinging across rings, hanging discs, padded logs – and ends with an wobbly bridge
- Stunt Bag – feel like a movie star performing your own stunts as you flip, bounce and fly around the stunt bag area
- Vertical Ops – this climbing wall lets you test your strength as you climb a tricky vertical rock wall
Don’t let the winter months pass by without experiencing some or all of these adventures. But hurry, spring will be here before you know it along with higher room rates! So if you’re ready to escape to the beach with your family this winter and save up to 40% off – Book our Advance Purchase Offer.